NUMBER SYSTEM
1.NATURAL NO.(N) : All numbers in the count that begin at 1 and go to infinity , is called natural numbers.
eg. 1,2,3,4,...........infinity .
N={1,2,3,4,5,.......} ; A set of natural no.
2.WHOLE NO.(W): All numbers in the count that begin at 0 (zero) and go to infinity ,is called whole numbers.
eg. 0 ,1 ,2, 3, ..........infinity .
W={0,1,2,3,4,..........} ; A set of whole no.
Note : N c W
3.INTEGERS (I or Z): when the negative numbers ,zero and positive numbers are represented on a number line from left to right respectively then these numbers are called integers.
____________________________________
' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
eg. .........-4 , -3 ,-2 ,-1 , 0 , 1 , 2 ,3 ,.........
I or Z={.........-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4,......} ; A set of integers .
Note :
i). N c W c I
ii). 0 is an integer but neither a positive integer nor a negative integer.
iii). I+ or Z+ = {1,2,3,4,5,.............} ; Set of positive integer.
iv). I - or Z- = {-1,-2,-3,-4,............} ; Set of negative integer.
v).I- {O} = {0,1,2,3,4,5,...........} ; Set of non-negative integer .
vi) I - U {O} = {0,-1,-2,-3,-4,........} ; Set of non-positive integer.
Comments
Post a Comment